Regrid problem : missing values at the corner after regridding

Matthias Munnich munnich at ATMOS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Oct 17 20:06:33 EDT 2006

Hi John,

RTFM :)

- --------------------8<---------------------------

maXXX   -

minimum % (XXX) area which must be covered with DEFINED
data boxes to be considered a valid interpolation.  Applies ONLY
to box averaging without voting when the input grid has undefined
points.  regrid v1.0 assumed am was 0 or that if ANY input grid
boxes contained defined data which intersected the output grid
produced a box average.  This was clearly too liberal and ma is
now set by default to 50% or that half the output grid box must
be covered with defined data to produced a defined output grid
point

- -------------------->8---------------------------

... Matt

John Guhin wrote:

> Thanks Matthias. It worked.  No more blanks at the corner. Can you
> please explain what is _ma000  and how does it work?
>

> John
>

> On 10/17/06, * Matthias Munnich* <munnich at atmos.ucla.edu
> <mailto:munnich at atmos.ucla.edu>> wrote:
>
> Hi John, try
>
> 'define p55=regrid2(rain,2.5,2.5,ba_p1_ma000,1.25,- 28.75)'
>
> ... Matt
>

> John Guhin wrote:
>> Hi, When I am running the following gs file for regridding, it is
>>  working fine, except that I am getting missing values at the
>> four corners of the domain. I do not have any missing values in
>> the rain_1996-2000.dat file.
>
>> 'open rain_1996-2000.ctl' 'set gxout fwrite' 'set fwrite
>> rain_2.5x2.5_2.dat' 'set z 1' 'set lat -28.75 43.75' 'set lon
>> 1.25 358.75' 'set t 1 1826' 'define
>> p55=regrid2(rain,2.5,2.5,ba_p1,1.25,- 28.75)' 'd p55' 'disable
>> fwrite'
>
>> John Guhin
>

> -- John Guhin

- --
Matthias Munnich
Univ. of California, Los Angeles
Inst. of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
3845 Slichter Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1567
Phone: +1-310-794 5899
Fax: +1-310-206 3051