Grads on Slackware 11

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Tue Oct 17 15:22:22 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 07:23:37PM +0200, Jean Pierre Arabonis wrote:
>    My question is is it likely that I will have success in compiling
> grads if I trawl the net and find these libraries and install them, or
> can someone point me in the right direction to solve this problem.

Since all the grads prerequisites are packaged for fedora, I can't see
why it shouldn't be possible to install them on slackware, either using
the packaging system or by recompiling (even though I don't know anything
about slackware). In case you want to build against 'system' libraries
(libraries not in the supplib directory) you may be interested in the
grads tarball I distribute here (with only changes in configure with
--dyn-supplib given):
http://www.environnement.ens.fr/perso/dumas/fc-srpms/grads-1.9b4.1.tar.gz

--
Pat