ETOP2 Across Longitude 180 (140E to 140W)

Joe Covert Joe.Covert at NOAA.GOV
Thu Nov 30 11:34:01 EST 2006

I ran into this problem some time ago and could never find a solution.

I'm trying to contour bathymetry using ETOPO2 across 180 degrees.
Maintaining a 2:1 ratio of lat to lon typically you would:

set lat 10 40
set lon 140 220

This works fine with GTOPO30 and terrain (although you have to do a
little work around when crossing the equator).  It does not work however
with ETOPO2.  You get contours from 140 to 180 and then blank from -180
-140.

I've tried various combinations and had hoped to avoid having to
manipulate the graphics page/virtual page to get it to work.  If that's
the only solution and someone has already done it I'd appreciate the
script for it.  Otherwise I'll see if I can work something out and pass
it along.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe