gradsdods cannot open sdf file with Suse Linux - undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2

Uwe Gramann weather at UNISERVE.COM
Tue Nov 14 13:39:39 EST 2006

I have GrADS version RH9 installed on Suse v10.0.  In this configuration
I had to additionally install the termcap library (libtermcap.so.2)
available on rpmfind.net (Thanks to Alessandro Mandelli!!!).
So, now I can open gradsdods without hiccups, but when I want to open an
sdf file from NCEP via

'sdfopen http://nomad2.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/nam/nam20061113/nam_00z'

I am getting the following error massages and then GrADS quits on me:

Scanning self-describing file:
http://nomad2.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/nam/nam20061113/nam_00z
gradsdods: symbol lookup error: gradsdods: undefined symbol:
__dynamic_cast_2
linux:/usr/local/bin #

Alessandro has confirmed the same error on his Suse 10.0 with GrADS-RH9
setup.  My windows version can open the file without any problems.

Does anybody have an idea what the "__dynamic_cast_2" error might be?
Any suggestions how to open SDF files with GrADS in Linux???

Thanks in Advance and Cheers,

Uwe