problems trying to open an nc file

Isilda da Cunha Menezes isilda at UEVORA.PT
Tue Nov 14 06:41:32 EST 2006

Hello, I am trying to open an nc file in gradsnc, but I didn’t have
successful, I tried write sdfopen e xdfopen, but I have the same error
message:

Config: v1.8SL11 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim

xdfopen core_faam_20060601_r0_b203.nc
Scanning Descriptor File:  core_faam_20060601_r0_b203.nc
XDFOpen Error:  Unknown keyword in description file
  --> The invalid description file record is:
  --> cdf
  The data file was not opened.

I tried, also, opening these file in gradshdf:

Config: v1.8SL11 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf hdf-sds lats printim

ga-> sdfopen core_faam_20060601_r0_b203.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  core_faam_20060601_r0_b203.nc
SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.

What I have to do to open this file in grads to display the variables,
would you help me to understand where’s the problem?

Isilda