Data in rotated grid coordinates

Gudrun Nina Petersen g.n.petersen at UEA.AC.UK
Thu Nov 9 09:06:12 EST 2006

Dear Diandong,

thank you very much for your reply.

The information I have of the grid are the following:

Number of columns: 326
Number of rows:    420
Column spacing:    0.11 degrees
Row spacing:       0.11 degrees
First latitude:    -14.00
First longitude:   342.00
North Pole lat:     36.00
North Pole lon:    140.00

The rotated grid is a rectangular lon/lat grid, the actual grid is much
wider at the top than at the bottom.

I can calculate the location of each point in the actual geographical
grid by using the attached program.
What is does is that is calculates
the geographical (lon/lat)_A (A=actual)
from the (lon/lat)_I of the north pole
and the (lon/lat) in the rotated grid.
This results in two 2-D arrays lon_A(i,j) and lat_A(i,j).

But how to make GrADS understand this is yet beyond my understanding.

I would really appreciate help here.

Cheers,

Nina

--