Data in rotated grid coordinates

Ren Diandong dd_ren at ROSSBY.METR.OU.EDU
Wed Nov 8 11:46:42 EST 2006

Hi, Gudrun,

Again, I would like to help out if you can provide the projection code
(i.e., projection roles). Since it seems your projection is not the
usually seen ones (Polar stereographic projections, CSU RAMS oblique
polar stereo projection, NMC high accuracy polar stereo, Mercators,
etc). The best way if provide the way to find (i,j) from (lon, lat).
Then backward coding make the parameter setting for 'pdef'
straightforward and general (no matter where it is, SH, NH, east or west
hemisphere, or even if it spans two special lines such as the
international date line and some inconvenient discontinuity in the grid
counting).

D. Ren
National Weather Center
School of Meteorology