page setting

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 1 20:08:32 EST 2006

Dear Nayagam,

Can't you just resize the window with the mouse?
If you want to do that automatically, you can call
grads with the -g option:

gradshdf -g <geometry>

Of course you could make an alias for that.
Check the help page:

http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdgrads.html

Now, if you want to change it so that it is changed also when
you generate a graphical ouput (png, ps, etc..) then I don't
know how to do that.
In fact, I am not 100% sure, but I think the letter proportions
(11 x 8.5) are hard coded in grads... Therefore, if you need
to generate a graphic with a different aspect ratio, you should
use only part of the screen (see vpage/parea commands)
and crop your image after grads output.

Hope that helps,

Henrique