Bin on MAC OSX

Heiner Körnich heiner at MISU.SU.SE
Wed Nov 1 10:30:17 EST 2006

Hallo,

I prefer to think in "little_endian" or "big_endian". So you do not have
to change byteswapped, but declare once whether your data is big or
little endian.
The option in the CTL-file is only about the data, not the system that
you are on, except when you use byteswapped, then you have to know where
you come from and where you go.

As far as I know:
Big_endian is UNIX, old MACs.
Little_endian is Linux, windows and new intel Macs (!).

Best wishes,
Heiner

--
Heiner Körnich
Dept. of Meteorology            Tel:  +46 8 164333