Scheduling GRADS tasks on a Windows server

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Tue May 30 19:30:05 EDT 2006

Hi Brian,
Try changing your command in the .bat file from:
grads -blc exec batch.gs
grads -blc 'batch.gs'

Test it by double clicking the .bat file.  Your .gs file should fire right up!

Also you can create a new directory not in the Program Files path and place all your scritps there (c:/grads_stuff/scripts). Create a seperate directory for all you output images (c:/grads_stuff/output). Just be sure to include the full path in your script to the output directory.

Also make sure GRADS is in you path (in this way your machine will know where the GRADS executable lives):

Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environmnet Variables>System Variables>Edit
Scrool down and select Path, then Edit.  Go to end of the Variable Value line and type in:
; C:\Program Files\PCGrADS\win32e

Then use windows scheduling task to execute the .bat file.  It should find GRADS just fine.  The output image will land in your output directory. I do it all the time.
--
Thanks,
Mark

From: Brian Gaze <brian.gaze at NTLWORLD.COM>