Scheduling GRADS tasks on a Windows server

Brian Gaze brian.gaze at NTLWORLD.COM
Tue May 30 18:34:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to schedule a grads script to run on a Windows server. I'm trying
to call the script from a Windows batch (.bat) file. The batch file contains
the following

grads -blc exec batch.gs

This opens grads, and the following error message is generated:

EXEC error: missing file name

The .gs file contains the following script (and is intended to generate a
gif image and then close GRADS):

'open model.ctl'
'd ps'
'printim bg.gif gif'
'quit'

NOTE: both files are in the C:\program files\PCGrADS\win32e directory.

I'm completely new to GRADS but have looked through the tutorial and can
find nothing to help.

Have I misunderstood how this should work, or is there a problem with the
syntax I am using?

Thanks for any help.

Brian Gaze