Failed assertion error in connect.cc

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Tue May 30 13:05:58 EDT 2006

Herb,
You might try creating an empty "tmp" directory (not temp) at the root level of your C drive (or whatever drive you have GRADs installed under - C:\tmp).  That should fix it.  GRADS requires this directory be present (though it doesn't ever actually write anything to it that I can tell).
--
Thanks,
Mark

From: Herb Philbrick <herb.philbrick at MITTALSTEEL.COM>

Dear GrADS users,

I would be much obliged if you can furnish a fix or work-around for the error:
            “Failed assertion stream at line 1083 of connect.cc”.

The problem occurs when using sdfopen.  GrADS works fine otherwise.  This is a brand new problem on this PC.  GrADS has been working faultlessly for 5 months, doing sdfopen downloads.

I am running v 1.8SL11 on Windows XP (sp2).

I have un-installed, re-booted, re-installed.
The same problem occurs with grads.exe and grads-dods.exe.

Can anyone furnish a newer version of the gradsdods.dll with the below mentioned fixes.
   (I have neither the compilers nor the courage to confront that task.)

This problem has been mentioned before.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/dods/msg01064.html