Failed assertion error in connect.cc

Herb Philbrick herb.philbrick at MITTALSTEEL.COM
Tue May 30 10:16:22 EDT 2006

Dear GrADS users,

I would be much obliged if you can furnish a fix or work-around for the
error:

            "Failed assertion stream at line 1083 of connect.cc".

The problem occurs when using sdfopen.  GrADS works fine otherwise.  This is
a brand new problem on this PC.  GrADS has been working faultlessly for 5
months, doing sdfopen downloads.

I am running v 1.8SL11 on Windows XP (sp2).

I have un-installed, re-booted, re-installed.

The same problem occurs with grads.exe and grads-dods.exe.

Can anyone furnish a newer version of the gradsdods.dll with the below
mentioned fixes.

   (I have neither the compilers nor the courage to confront that task.)

This problem has been mentioned before.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/dods/msg01064.html