gxeps problem

Eric Salathé salathe at WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon May 22 17:47:24 EDT 2006

When grads renders solid fill in plots, it draws horizontal bands
across the whole frame (you can see this if you open the EPS file in
Adobe Illustrator or similar vector drawing program). The lines you are
seeing are just gaps between bands, which really should't be displayed.
So different software may or may not show these lines.  The lines won't
show when printed.

As Jeff suggests, using ImageMagik "convert" with the +antialias option
to produce a png file is one way around this. gs also works, as in:
   gs -sDEVICE=x11 -dBATCH -r150 file.eps
To display in an X window
   gs -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE=png16m -r150 -sOutputFile=file.png
file.eps
to convert to png (or similar options for tiff or whatever).

-Eric

--
Eric Salathé
Climate Impacts Group             <salathe at washington.edu>