vertical temperature anamolies

Chi Mai Nguyen Chi.Nguyen at SCI.MONASH.EDU.AU
Fri May 5 03:15:31 EDT 2006

Hello Sajjad,

I have done that. My steps are:

+ calculate the reference temperature (which varies with height). You could choose a region around TC, say 1000x1000km. Set the z to vary from ground to the top of the atmosphere. Set one variable (say Tref) to be the average of the region above. That way, you will have a 1-dimensional value of reference temperature.

+ To see the warm core, you could do a cross section through the center, and display T-Tref.

An example may look like:

set z 1 20
Tref=aave(aave(T,x=x1,x2),y=1,y=y2)   ! calculate Tref
set x 20                          ! cross section through the center
d T-Tref

Hope that it will work for you!

Mai

sajjad saeed <sajjad_met at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am interested to find the vertical temerature anamolies at a particular
> latiture near the centre of a tropical cyclone. Actually i would like to
> see
> the core of a tropical cyclone i.e, is it has a warm core troical
> cyclone?
> How can we do it by using Grads.
>
> Thanks for ur help
>
> Sajjad