bad output - gxeps and shaded graphs

etienne etiennesky at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 24 10:40:45 EST 2006

Hi,

when I use gxeps(or gxps) to ooutput a shaded graph,
there are numerous horizontal lines that are added.
If I output in color the lines are one of the colors
and if I output in B&W the lines are grey.  If I use
printim to make gifs or pngs the output is fine.

the command used to make the eps output is
'!gxeps -i 'tmpfile' -o 'outfile' -l -2 -c'

My version of grads is 1.9.4b but I get the same with
1.8.

Strange: the images appear fine with 'ghostview' under
IRIX-6.5 or 'gs' but the lines appear with any other
software (including kghostview, gimp,gv,display) in
IRIX or linux.

I attach some files so you can see my problem.
tmp-91.eps straight eps from grads  (gxeps), has lines

tmp-91.gif straight gif from grads (printim), has
lines
tmp2-9.gif converted from eps->gif, ok

Thanks,
Etienne