gradshdf disabled problem in fc4

WD ZH wdzh_cn at YAHOO.COM.CN
Wed Mar 15 05:11:10 EST 2006

nm libmfhdf.a |grep ncopen
000001cc T sd_ncopen
         U sd_ncopen
seems not bad?
  but still no lucky in building gradshdf

  And
  checking for netcdf 3 interface--->yes
  when I do not configure with gradshdf, not just the --with-hdf option, even hdf4 lib path existed in LDFLAGS/CPPFLAGS could cause a "no".
  It must be some link issue,but beyond my poor ability now.

  I decide to hang it up temporarily, build with out gradshdf.

  There's an other more question
  why the gradsdods shows "gridded interface only"?
  I haved installed
  libdap-3.5.3-2.fc4.i386.rpm
libdap-debuginfo-3.5.3-2.fc4.i386.rpm
libdap-devel-3.5.3-2.fc4.i386.rpm
libnc-dap-3.5.2-5.fc4.i386.rpm
libnc-dap-debuginfo-3.5.2-5.fc4.i386.rpm
libnc-dap-devel-3.5.2-5.fc4.i386.rpm
  need I install the dap-server?

  =====================================
  checking for udunits.h... (cached) yes
checking for utInit in -ludunits... (cached) yes
checking for opendap-config... no
checking for ncdap-config... /usr/bin/ncdap-config
checking DODS specific root... disabled
checking for dap-config... /usr/bin/dap-config
checking for libdap version >= 3.5.0... yes
checking for nc_open with -lnc-dap -ldap... yes
checking for netcdf.h with compiler... yes
checking for netcdf.h with preprocessor... yes
checking for main in -lgadods... no
+ gradsdods (OPeNDAP/netCDF) build enabled - gridded interface only
  =====================================

  Thank you.

Patrice Dumas <pertusus at FREE.FR>
  > With hdf.
> I'm just beginning to intall everything myself as a newbir...
> The 'symbols' here means filename in /usr/local/hdf4/bin or some other things?

No, I mean symbols defined in the hdf library (within lbdf.a or libmfhdf.a).

Here is how I find the symbols defined in the library:

[dumas at nor75-15-82-67-190-22 ~]$ nm /usr/lib/hdf/*.a | grep ncopen
00001410 T sd_ncopen
U sd_ncopen
U sd_ncopen

T is for a symbol defined in the library, U for a symbol undefined.

--
Pat