problems running stnmap utility

Jennifer Hegarty jhegarty at GUST.SR.UNH.EDU
Fri Mar 3 18:17:16 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use GRADs to plot station data and I am having a problem
running the stnmap utility.  I have created a binary station data file using
a FORTRAN program based on the sample program on the GRADs documentation
page.   I compiled the program with pgf90 on a Linux system.  When I try to
run stnmap I get the error

Open Error:   Data file type invalid

--> The invalid description file record is:

--> dtype station

I've tried compiling with and without the byteswapio option, but it doesn't
make a difference.

I cannot seem to find any information on the web on how to troubleshoot this
problem and I can't seem to get onto the LISTSERV archive.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Jen