xsize

Subodh Kumar Saha ssaha at AWI-POTSDAM.DE
Fri Jun 16 11:36:06 EDT 2006

Hi!

set vpage x1 x2 y1 y2
 would be one way to remove unused white space in your figure.
Here you can restrict size of the Figure by defining x1, x2..... all are
in inch.
It works atleast for .eps, .ps form of output.

Boyin Huang wrote:

>Doty and other grads users:
>
>As indicated by Doty in 1997, "set xsize x y" can only modified window and
>the actual size is kept 8.5x11 when printed.
>
>I am wondering whether grads has had this capability to resize the actual
>(physical) size of the figure.
>
>I encounter the problem because I want to include the figure in a given
>space of a web site. This means that I want to cut useless white space of
>a grads figure for the give web site space.
>
>For example, Suppose I have physical space (say a web site) of 5"x5", I
>want a figure of 5"x5" without ant white space surrounding it.
>
>Can I do it?

Subodh Kumar Saha
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar & Marine Research
Telegrafenberg A43
D-14473 Potsdam, Germany

ssaha at awi-potsdam.de
subodhsaha at yahoo.com