¿BUGS? PLOTTING STATION DATA

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti davide at CEAM.ES
Wed Jul 19 11:55:23 EDT 2006

Hello GRADS. I've been experimenting with the GRADS station data. I'm using
the v1.8SL11 version. I've found this strange behaviors:

1-In the "set stid" explanation in the GRADS documentation index it is
detailed that:

"When using 'set gxout model' with 'set stid on', the station id will appear
just below the station model"

I've been trying to use this "stid" option with "model" graphics type, but
no station id appears. Is that option right?, what could be wrong?.

2-The "set stid on" mode does not work in the "barb" graphic type, is that
correct? (I haven't been able to determine that reading the documentation).

3-When using 'set gxout sntmark' it is said in the GRADS documentation that:

"To turn off rainbow colorizing and use a single color instead, use set
ccolor color#".

I've been trying to fix the color of the marks using this command but I've
been not able to do that. All I can do is to change the color of the station
id (with this graphic mode the 'set stid on' works), wich is already fixed,
and, with this color change, some other color change happens but in the map
lines (from white to a color wich is not the selected one). Am I missing
something?.

4- 1,2,3 "issues" don't let me to see, on the same plot, wind barbs and
station id's. It seems strange not to be a way for that purpose, specially
when it seems to be possible in the documentation ("issue" 1 principally).
Is there a way to do that?.

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti.