segmentation fault while opening grads

John Guhin johnguhin at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 17 19:57:05 EDT 2006

Hi,
     I am trying to open grads in a linux computer (say name1), from an
another linux computer (say name2). When I am typing grads (in name1, after
logging in from name2) it is giving the following error ...
Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.8SL11
Copyright (c) 1988-2001 by Brian Doty
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
Institute for Global Environment and Society
All Rights Reserved

Config: v1.8SL11 32-bit little-endian readline printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
Segmentation fault
I can use grads in both the computers when  I log in directly. Do I have to
type something before opening the grads window?

thanks in advance,
john