increase the size of color bar

Diane Stokes Diane.Stokes at NOAA.GOV
Fri Jan 27 11:47:04 EST 2006

Dear Satyaban,

Does the color bar script you are using accept arguments, including one
to change scale factor?  If not grab cbarn.gs from:

ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/cbarn.gs

Optional argument sf sets the scale factor.  (See documentation at the
top of the script).  Set "sf" to something larger than 1 (eg, 1.2) to
increase the size of your color bar. (See other options for fixing the
location of the bar as well).

If that does not work well enough, you can make a modified version of
your colorbar script that uses a larger font when drawing the label.
Details of the change depend on your version of the script.  For the
currently available version of cbarn.gs, you might try modifying the
constants in lines:

   strxsiz=0.12*sf
   strysiz=0.13*sf

     Diane