maximum size of the netcdf files

Don Hooper hoop at COLORADO.EDU
Fri Jan 13 13:11:54 EST 2006

In order for any NetCDF application to work with NetCDF files greater than
2 Gbytes in size, that application must be linked against a NetCDF library
of version 3.6.0p1 or later.  While it's possible that the pre-built versions
from COLA were built with such a recent version, it would surprise me some.
In any case, it's a necessary precondition for working with NetCDF files
over 2 Gbytes in size.

-Hoop