gradsdods problem

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Thu Jan 12 14:33:52 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:53:16AM +0100, Dodo Gunawan wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have problem using gradsdods. When I call grads with gradsdods, it

What version of gradsdods are you using, on what platform? Did you
recompile it? If so against what library?

> opened, but when i open a URL f.e.
>   ga-> sdfopen http://cola8.iges.org:9191/dods/topo/topo05
>
> the grads was close and the messages was :
> Scanning self-describing file:  http://cola8.iges.org:9191/dods/topo/topo05
> Segmentation fault

This could be either a bug or a library issue. I cannot reproduce it with
grads-1.9b4 on a fedora core 4.

To have a backtrace of the function calls leading to the segmentation
fault, you should start grads in a debugger, for example gdb:

[dumas at patoune tmp]$ gdb --quiet gradsdods
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/gradsdods
Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
Loaded system supplied DSO at 0x982000
[New Thread -1208128912 (LWP 3027)]

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian sdf/xdf netcdf dods printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):  no
GX Package Initialization: Size = 8.5 11
ga> sdfopen http://cola8.iges.org:9191/dods/topo/topo05
(gdb) bt

--
Pat