displaying Station data in Grads

Sestak, Dr. Michael michael.sestak at FNMOC.NAVY.MIL
Fri Feb 24 10:26:51 EST 2006

Including the .ctl file in your post may be essential to your getting help
on this problem.

However, from past questions on this subject, there are two main
possibilities (other than the obvious one that your control file doesn't
have an endvars statement at the end, which is necessary).

For some versions of GrADS on some machines, an end of line is needed after
the endvars statement

If you are using a PC and copied a sample .ctl file from a unix machine,
that file may not have the correct end of line characters.  There are
utilities to do the conversion, or just open the file in a plain text editor
such as notepad and add the correct end of line characters.

Michael Sestak
Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center
Monterey, CA