unknown command: 0

Ronny Meyer ronny.meyer at ENERGYMETEO.DE
Tue Feb 14 05:22:43 EST 2006

Dear GRADSUSERS!

I have the following problem while using the built-in function write in my own
script:
If I write some data to a list of file, like GEO47.25N8.75E.data using write,
I get the message "Unknown command: 0" once for each file. That is not a real
problem, because the data is written to the file and the file seems to be
okay.

But with some GRIB-Files, I get the message "Unknown command: 1" and the "Open
Error:  Can't open Station/Index map file <gribfilename>.idx" and the
programm stops. If I check the idx-file by hand everthing is okay. If I
uncomment the line where the data is written to the file, everthing is okay
again. The error only happens if I use the built-in function "write"

Any ideas
Thanks in advance
Ronny

using: SuSu Linux 9.3 and GrADSv1.8SL11 32-bit.