Can GrADS "animated time sequences" be captured to a file

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti davide at CEAM.ES
Thu Feb 9 03:26:23 EST 2006

If you just want to visualize the images without using GRADS (and not to
make a real movie) I can suggest you another easy, usefull and fast (at
least for me) method. Print the images using GRADS (with a loop and varying
names, as Dave says), putting all this images into a common directory. Then,
with LINUX, you can use the command "display *". This command will show you
one image at a time, with the option of going to the next image and the
previous with the spacebar and the delete buttons respectively. Among many
other things, this command can also show you all the images with a
configurable delay between them, like a "movie", if you use the option
"-delay". You can see all the options and functionality of the "display"
command with a "man display".

Davide Sotil Bertanzetti.