CHSUB and grads1.9b4 for Intel/Linux

Mihaela Mircea m.mircea at ISAC.CNR.IT
Thu Feb 9 02:28:32 EST 2006

Hi Jennifer,

> Why are you using CHSUB if all the time steps are in one file? How
> about just
> DSET filename

Unfortunately I have to aggregate 80 files, with different names.  I
used one or two files to see if CHSUB works.
I didn't have any problems with the SUN version of grads, even with 80
files.

> As for 'index exceeds dimension bound' error message...
> What do you have in your descriptor file for the variable declaration?
> What does it say about the dimensions of that variable in the ncdump
> output?

I have in the descriptor files the dimensions of the variables as in
ncdump. As I said before, the same descriptor file and script file work
with SUN version of grads. Also, I do not get any error if I use the
same commands lines from grads script after I opened the files with sdfopen.
The problem is that I have to many files and to many variables to use
sdfopen and a "normal" script.

Thank you very much again for your inquires.
Mihaela