fixing forecast hour

Mike gamemusicmaker at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 1 03:12:43 EST 2006

Hi all!

I understand how to generate a ctl file with a template option, even with a
%f3 for grid files with the forecast hour in the file name, but it seems
like GrADS doesn't really 'know' the forecast hour, it just uses that value
to calculate the valid time for plotting...

What I want is to take a list of forecast grids containing the data and
forecast hour in the filename, and, for example, fix the forecast hour at 48
hours, then take a time average over the entire period. I would like GrADS
to understand that I only want to average the files that have '048' in the
filename, for example, like just having the mean sea level pressure at
forecast hour 48 in the model. Is this possible with GrADS?

Thanks!

Mike