Precision of amean and aave

Heiner Körnich heiner at MISU.SU.SE
Fri Dec 1 02:30:45 EST 2006

Hi,

thanks for reply. In fact, I had a mistake in my description, since I
was not comparing amean and aave. Here the difference is indeed the
latitudinal weighting which is only included in aave.

But I thought about the difference of aave, asum and asumg. Since asumg
is without weighting, I assumed mistakenly asum to include latitudinal
weighting. BUT asum has NO latitudinal weighting, thus asum is
equivalent to amean except for the factor of the whole area. I think the
GrADS online documentation could be clearer on asum and asumg.

Cheers,
Heiner

--
Heiner Körnich
Dept. of Meteorology            Tel:  +46 8 164333