Printing specific numerical values in the graphics window

Jim Benedict jim at ATMOS.COLOSTATE.EDU
Fri Aug 25 18:04:27 EDT 2006

I'm not sure if this issue has been resolved recently (see emails
below)...

I'd like to print specific numerical values (e.g., the temperature at
the lowest level) to the graphics window (and so be seen in the .ps
file), but I haven't had any luck trying various approaches.  The
important parts of my .ctl file look like this...
xdef 1 linear 1 1
ydef 1 linear 1 1
zdef 199 levels 50 100 150 200 ...  [levs are in meters]
tdef 1 linear 1 1
vars 2
temp 199 99 [K]
qv 199 99 [g/kg]

Basically, I want to print the numerical value of, say, temperature
at 50 m *in the graphics output file* and not the terminal screen.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Jim Benedict