Dewpoint in wrf grib files

Dan Leins theedge981 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 23 08:53:37 EDT 2006

All,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might be able to find wrf
grib files containing dewpoint data.  I downloaded the 80km wrf using
gribmaster, however when I dumped the contents of one of the files to
a control file using grib2ctl, I noticed that there isn't any mention of
dewpoint whatsoever.  However when I pass the --togem flag to gribmaster and
convert the data to a gempak file and view the data in Garp, I can see
dewpoints for whatever level I specify.  I have to assume that the dewpoint
data is somewhere in the grib files, Garp isn't just making up arbitrary
values and displaying them.  Is there another way I can create a control
file which will contain dewpoints or perhaps another version of the wrf grib
files that I can download?  I looked into downloading some of the namtile12
data as well, this has 2m dewpoint however I need dewpoint data for several
levels as I'm planning on plotting model soundings all the way up to 300mb.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Dan Leins