Colorizing Ocean Bottom Using Bathymetry Data

Mary Jo Nath Mary-Jo.Nath at NOAA.GOV
Tue Aug 22 09:45:57 EDT 2006

Joe,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to color in from the bottom
of the graph to the line you drew, correct?
Use "set gxout linefill". Once you set your lon and lat to plot along a
fixed lon or lat, and if your data is named "var", then define a new
variable that is equal to the minimum Y value of your  graph. Something
like
"define bottom=var*0-<minimumYvalue>"      so that "bottom" has same
dimension as "var". Then
"set lfcols <color> 0"
"d var ; bottom"

Mary Jo