Differenced in data...

Patrick Marsh marsh.patrick at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 3 10:51:20 EDT 2006

Good Morning (afternoon) to all!

I am currently trying to average NCAR/NCEP reanalysis data from 1950-1999.
There is 1 file for each year, broken up into 6 hour increments.  I have
created individual descriptor files for each of the GRIB files.  I have also
created a template descriptor to open all the files at once.

When using the template, I plot the data for the first year as a loop.  I
have done this for the individual descriptor file as well.  However, the two
resulting loops are nothing alike!  As best as I can tell, it appears that
the individual descriptor file is the one that is accurate.

What causes something like this to happen?  Am I doing something wrong?  How
do I fix it? I have used the template technique for several other fields now
and am worrying that none of those results are trustworthy.

Thanks,

Patrick Marsh