Help to read grib files

oluseun idowu oluseun_idowu at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 7 05:26:26 EDT 2006

Dear Msaavedra and all,

  I discovered that the file was converted to .ctl format but when i attempted to give the command  $ gribmap -i sample_grib_file.ctl -0 it gave me the error message below

  [oluseun at b129pc124 ~]$ gribmap -i sample_grib_file.ctl -0
  Open Error:  missing XDEF record
  Open Error:  missing YDEF record
  Open Error:  missing ZDEF record
  Open Error:  missing TDEF record
  Open Error:  missing UNDEF record
  Open Error:  missing DSET record
  Open Error:  missing VARS record
    The data file was not opened.

  I will need your further help. Thank you

  Idowu

msaavedra <msaavedra at IMARPE.GOB.PE> wrote: Dear User :

for read and make plots from grib files :

$ ./grib2ctl.pl sample_grib_file.grib > sample_grib_file.ctl
$ gribmap -i sample_grib_file.ctl -0

$ gradsc
ga> open sample_grib_file
ga> q file
ga> d parameter

you can download the perl script grib2ctl.pl from the web.

bye