Help to read grib files

oluseun idowu oluseun_idowu at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 7 04:48:09 EDT 2006

Dear msaavedra and all,

 I did the command as below to attempt to read and plot the grib files (sample_grib_file.grib)

 $ ./grib2ctl.pl /home/oluseun/sample_grib_file.grib > /home/oluseun/sample_grib_file.ctl

 but it gave me this response

 bash: /grib2ctl.pl: No such file or directory

 I will appreciate your further help on this! Many thanks

 Idowu

msaavedra <msaavedra at IMARPE.GOB.PE> wrote: Dear User :

for read and make plots from grib files :

$ ./grib2ctl.pl sample_grib_file.grib > sample_grib_file.ctl
$ gribmap -i sample_grib_file.ctl -0

$ gradsc
ga> open sample_grib_file
ga> q file
ga> d parameter

you can download the perl script grib2ctl.pl from the web.

bye

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:47:10 +0100, oluseun idowu wrote
> Dear all,
>  Pls I am a postgraduate student in Meteorology. I am new in  GrADS. Can
> anyone help on what to do if I need to read and make plots from grib files in
> GrADS? The file name is (sample_grib_file.grib.gz). I have downloaded the file
> into my computer in home directory. I don't know what next to do. Thanks for
> your help!
>
>  Idowu
>
> ---------------------------------
> To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo!
> Security Centre. Mensaje no contiene virus y otros contenidos peligrosos.
> MailScanner agradece su apoyo.

Miguel Saavedra Juan de Dios
Centro de Investigaciones en Modelado Oceanografico Biologico Pesquero (CIMOBP)
Instituto del Mar del Peru (IMARPE)
Esquina Gamarra y Gral. Valle S/N.
Chucuito. Callao-Peru
Telefono: 0051-01-4202000 anexo 273