vertical sections and orography

Arindam Chakraborty arch at IO.MET.FSU.EDU
Thu Apr 6 16:19:32 EDT 2006

hi Mateus,
        you need to have height (say geopotential) at all levels. Please
define orography as a multilevel variable in the gs file before
proceeding. All levels of this new variable should have the same value
(the value of the orographic height at that location). Then use the
maskout function with the geopotential height to maskout levels where
geopotential height is less than the orographic height.

Hope this helps.

arindam
 ARINDAM CHAKRABORTY
 Department of Meteorology