Help to read grib files

msaavedra msaavedra at IMARPE.GOB.PE
Thu Apr 6 10:16:19 EDT 2006

Dear User :

for read and make plots from grib files :

$ ./grib2ctl.pl sample_grib_file.grib > sample_grib_file.ctl
$ gribmap -i sample_grib_file.ctl -0

$ gradsc
ga> open sample_grib_file
ga> q file
ga> d parameter

you can download the perl script grib2ctl.pl from the web.

bye

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:47:10 +0100, oluseun idowu wrote
> Dear all,
>  Pls I am a postgraduate student in Meteorology. I am new in  GrADS. Can
> anyone help on what to do if I need to read and make plots from grib files in
> GrADS? The file name is (sample_grib_file.grib.gz). I have downloaded the file
> into my computer in home directory. I don't know what next to do. Thanks for
> your help!
>
>  Idowu
>
> ---------------------------------
> To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo!
> Security Centre. Mensaje no contiene virus y otros contenidos peligrosos.
> MailScanner agradece su apoyo.

Miguel Saavedra Juan de Dios
Centro de Investigaciones en Modelado Oceanografico Biologico Pesquero (CIMOBP)
Instituto del Mar del Peru (IMARPE)
Esquina Gamarra y Gral. Valle S/N.
Chucuito. Callao-Peru
Telefono: 0051-01-4202000 anexo 273