incompatible licences and other issues

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Mon Sep 19 18:32:05 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:26:33AM -0600, Don Hooper wrote:
> I am concerned that one apparently uncredentialed (where has he been admitted
> to the bar to practice law?  Folks who *are* qualified to speak on such matters
> generally don't distribute their opinions for free)

:). I am totally uncredentialled. I just want to help...

> person would have us
> dispense with major chunks of GrADS functionality at his behest.  I also think

Hum. After rereading my mail it appears that I was a bit overconfident in
my analysis. I should have asked for clarification instead of asking to
remove some code.

> On one technical note (complaint #5), the libz.a compression library is needed
> by the HDF library.  So, I guess zlib.h isn't technically needed.  A small
> matter.

Yep, but it also seems to be needed by gd13gif.c as it uses compress? Not
an issue however as it is from gd anyway.

--
Pat