Displaying SLA provided in mercator projection

Dr. A. Luis alvluis at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 8 08:11:08 EDT 2005

Hi GrADS-users,

   Probably someone out there might have tried
displying Sea Level Anomaly (MSLA)distributed at
ftp://ftp.cls.fr/pub/oceano/enact/msla/

I could open the netCDF files in GrADS but could not
display. Reason: the maps are provided on a MERCATOR
1/3° grid. Resolutions in kilometers in latitude and
longitude are thus identical and vary with the cosine
of latitude (e.g. from 37 km at the equator to18.5 km
at 60°N/S). Could someone tell me please how to
display this type of files in GrADS?

Thanks,
Louis

--- "Dr. Rupa Kumar Kolli" <kolli at TROPMET.RES.IN>

=== message truncated ===