How to suppress the warning info "entire grid undefined" in GrADS

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Wed Sep 7 16:31:56 EDT 2005

Instead of displaying a variable, just use "draw map" (first using "set
map...." if needed) to draw a blank map.
SMc

Mary Jo Nath <Mary-Jo.Nath at NOAA.GOV>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
09/07/2005 04:05 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: How to suppress the warning info "entire grid undefined" in   GrADS

Haibin,

I don't know if there is a way to suppress the undefined message, but you
can get just the background if you open a real data file,  then use "set
clevs"
to set a contour value that is  out of range of that data, and then
display the variable.

Mary Jo

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 15:58, Haibin Li wrote:
>>  Hi there, Is there anyway to suppress the warning information "entire
>> grid undefined" in GrADS? What I need is just the background world map,
>> not any real data fields. But to plot a world map background, I have to
>> display something first. So I created a foo.ctl file. Apparently, if I
>> display dummy variable in the control file, I got "entire
>> grid undefined".   I guess there must be other ways to circumvent this
>> problem.  Thanks for your help.

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary
to Planalytics, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.  This
message may be an attorney-client communication and as such is privileged
and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the