Comments on building GrADS from source

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Fri Oct 28 03:40:03 EDT 2005

> there is a big deal.   I suspect the OPeNDAP stuff is where, as previously
> suggested, we will encounter the most issues.

If gadods isn't used, the interface with OPeNDAP goes through the netcdf
API (libnc-dap/libnc-dods), so it compiles fine with 3.5.2 (and 3.4). I
haven't tested whether it really works with dods URL or not, though.

When gadods is used the issue is more with the interface between gadods
and OPeNDAP, as the OPeNDAP API seems to have changed.

--
Pat