Plot data onto cross sections with height axis from sigma level data file

Kwan-yin Kong kongkwan at SCI.CCNY.CUNY.EDU
Thu Oct 13 18:10:07 EDT 2005

Dear all GrADS users:

I am wondering if it is possible to do this in GrADS, but
it is in RIP.  What I want to do is to plot data (e.g.
wind vectors) and contours from a data file with sigma
levels as vertical coordinates onto cross-sections with
height as the vertical axis without first transforming the
data file into height coordinates.  The final product will
have columns of wind vectors which may not necessarily
spaced evenly in the vertical--depending on the heights of
the sigma levels and the ground elevations at each grid
point.  I am attaching a sample plot from RIP for refernce
(for MM5 and WRF).

Kwan-yin Kong
City College of New York