download complete dataset from DODS server?

Tom Pollard tomp at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Oct 12 19:00:39 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm a relatively new user of GrADS, so this may be a dumb question:
is there a way to download a complete dataset from a DODS server to
my local disk?  Specifically, the nomad3 server at NOAA?  (Or, is
there a regular server where these datasets are available?)  I
wouldn't want to download these very often, but I'm developing GrADS
scripts to generate various custom plots of the daily NAM forecasts
and would like to be able to work on them while I'm off the net.

Thanks,

Tom