set time format

Ben Burford benb at RESTEC.OR.JP
Fri Oct 7 07:27:18 EDT 2005

Hello Madhu,

Help from India.  Most excellent!  (I'm in Tokyo.)

I'm really glad to see that there is a simple format like this.  I'm also so
mewhat baffled that there was nothing about this in the GrADS Documentation
Index web pages under set t and set time commands.  I did check before I sen
t my email to the users list.  Oh well.

Thanks very much!

Ben

At 16:32 2005/10/07 +0530, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you can set
>
> time:
> 'set time 21sep2001 16dec2001'
> yaxis:
> 'set vrange 0 800'
>
> cheers,
> Madhu
>
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Ben Burford wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I hope there's an easy way to select a time range with the "set t" or "s
et t
> > ime" (or some other) Grads command.
> >
> > I'm working with global 1 degree by 1 degree, 8 year GPCP dataset of dai
ly p
> > recipitation data.  I'm a Grads beginner, but if I  "set lat" and "set l
on"
> > to choose a single grid cell, then I can (for example) "set t 1 100" and
 the
> > n "d data" and I will get a plot of the precipitation for the first 100
days
> > of data.
> >
> > The data runs from Jan. 1, 1997 to Dec. 31, 2004.  If I want to plot a t
ime
> > series of precipitation from say August 5 to September 8, 2001 its prett
y na
> > sty to figure out the t values corresponding to those dates.  Is there a
 con
> > venient format (using actual dates) for setting the time range for the d
ata
> > (for example, "set t August 5, 2001 September 8, 2001")?
> >
> > If not, is there a technique or tool in which I can enter the date and i
t wi
> > ll give me the corresponding t value?  For example, I tell the tool that
 the
> > start time is January 1, 1997, and then I tell it the date August 5, 200
1 a
> > nd it will give me the corresponding t value?  Maybe someone has a scrip
t fo
> > r this???
> >

> > One further detail.  I want to produce a lot of time series plots of pre
cipi
> > tation and I want them all to have the same y axis magnitude (mm/day).
Is t