Fedora/Install help

Warren Tennant tennant at WEATHERSA.CO.ZA
Thu Nov 24 08:18:04 EST 2005

The solution offered earlier by Pat is the correct one in 90%+
circumstances. "xorg.conf" is usually located in /etc/X11 or something
linking to that position. I have used it on all my Fedora/RedHat
machines. You must of course be root to do this.

************

You should enable the BackingStore capability of your X server if you want
to avoid that windows on top of the grads window erase the grads window
content. With xorg, you should put the following in the Device section of
xorg.conf:

        Option      "BackingStore" "True"

With this option, xorg will use more CPU.

--
PAt

Regards
Warren