Installation oddity!!

Grads Bob gradshelp at ROGERS.COM
Mon Nov 21 14:00:05 EST 2005

Hi all,

I decided to give it another shot installing GrADS on my PC. This time, I now have a dual boot setup. With Windoze 2000 and also Fedora core 3.

I have downloaded the linux binaries, and dropped them into the correct directories. Quickly run through the tutorial and tried plotting the demo (model.ctl) download.

Model.ctl opens up fine, but when I try and display anything, the display window shows only a small percentage of the plotted chart on the left, the rest is black. If I open the window to full size, then everything in the window dissapears. Same if I plot anything with a full
size window, I get nothing but an empty window.

Not sure why, but this could be something missing from my Fedora install?

Regards,
Bob.