Scatter Plot

bhatt vihang vihang_75 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 9 03:46:50 EST 2005

dear Srivatsan Raghavan,

please check the time for which both datasets are to
be used to plot scatter diagram. then set the time for
which both the fields are available.then try following
command
set gxout scatter
d mm5(z=1);cdc

i think this will solve the purpose otherwise

you have an alternative.

extract the data corresponding to specified level and
time from mm5 file and write ctl file again. this will
resolve the z and t both.

you can do it this way

open mm5ctlfile
set gxout fwrite
set fwrite xxx.grd
set z your value
set t your value

d mm5 parameter

disable fwrite

hope rest of things you know.

regards,

vihang bhatt
--- Srivatsan Raghavan <ucfasra at UCL.AC.UK> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a problem with Scatter plot:
>
> I would like a plot  between :
>
> a 3 month run of DJF from MM5 where T = 90  , to be
> compared to
> the observed UDEL precip from CDC where I downloaded
> the netcdf file.
>
> In both these files,
> X and Y are the same at 0.5 degrees. the problem is
> with Z and T
>

>          X         Y        Z      T
> MM5      50        41       20     90
> UDEL     50        41        1      1
>

> any suggestions of how to overcome this ?  It says
> 'Invalid Grids'
>
> Thanks
>
> Sri
>

> -----------