PowerPC & Redhat

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Thu Nov 3 18:49:11 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:19:58PM -0500, David Holland wrote:
> Dear Pat,
>
> Also a snapshot of the screen response when I typed the 'make' command.
>
> Based on the attached information do you have any advice for me?

Yep, this is something I also ran into. Maybe you could try the grads
I repackaged with some changes here:

http://www.environnement.ens.fr/perso/dumas/fc-srpms/grads-1.9b4.tar.gz

Depending on what you want precisely, you may also need either the
supplibs, or rebuild hdf, netcdf, udunits and libsx, all the srpms for
those packages are available from the fedora extras, and I believe they
should build on many redhat versions. You may also need libdap/libnc-dap
from opendap. You'll also need gd-devel zlib-devel libjpeg-devel
ncurses-devel libpng-devel but they should be available on any redhat
box (I believe).
Alternatively you can rebuild all those supplementary packages from source.

--
Pat