problem with date in netCDF file

Vincent MORON vincent at IRI.COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue May 31 14:17:37 EDT 2005

Hi all

I have extracted a part of daily data of ERA-40 using NCO utilities. Then
when I load the netCDF file with sdfopen, everything is OK except that the
time increment is worng for the second year. The first date is 1st May 1958,
. the 184th date is 31st October 1958, then the 185th should be 1st may 1959
but in Grads it is the 1st November 1958. When I open the netCDF file in
Matlab, everything is OK and the the 185th date is well the 1st May 1959.
So, the data seems to be OK but the time increment in Grads is wrong. Any
idea about this apparent bug ? I am using Grads 1.8 (windows version)

Ciao

Vincent